Dr. Joseph Edward strives to provide comprehensive dental care and the ultimate patient experience to every individual who walks through our doors. He has dedicated his career to helping people improve their oral health and maintain a beautiful, winning smile. Dr. Joseph places a high priority on safety and comfort, and has made it a point to offer a wide range of dental procedures right here under one roof. In addition to advanced Implantology, restorative, and periodontal options, Dr. Joseph is an extensive specialist in Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Joseph’s goal is to give you truly customized dental care in a setting designed for your comfort and relaxation. Every patient is unique, and therefore every treatment is unique as well. With his experienced hand, friendly attitude, and commitment to helping you meet your needs, he can renew both the health and appearance of your face and teeth with beautiful results.
Below, you will find more information on Dr. Joseph’s background and credentials. If you would like to schedule a consultation, we encourage you to contact Nuface Dental Health Care.
After graduating with his Bachelors in Dental surgery from Dr MGR MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, Dr. Joseph Edward earned his Masters in ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY from the same university.
He underwent rigorous training in advanced dental surgery and techniques in various reputed institutions of the country
- Peripheral Training in Casualty & Emergency Medicine Training at Christain Medical College,Vellore
- Head and Neck Oncology Training at Cancer Institute, Adayar,Chennai.
- P.G Training at Voluntary Health Service Hospital, Adayar, Chennai.
- Cleft lip and Palate Training at Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Porur, Chennai
Honors and Awards
- Awards for the best paper at the 26th –Annual Conference of Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon of India 14th – 17th December, 2001 held at Bangalore.
- Guide Award for best article in Under Graduate category of KDJ in the year 2010.
- Indian Dentistry Award – 2013, Bangalore for self designed technique ( joeeds technique ) for the removal of Maxillary 3rd Molars. It is a self designed technique for the removal of upper third molar and named it as joeed’s technique.
- Delayed Reimplantation vs Dental Implants – A case report. (KDJ-Vol 34, No.1, January 2011 by Jospeh Edward, K. Radhakrishnan Nair, Gayathri Krishnan, Anjana Raj. Delayed Reimplantation Vs Dental Implants – A Case Report. Kerala Dental Journal. October 2011;34(1):73
- Rehabilitation or Completely Edentulous Maxillary Arch with Implant Supported Fixed Prosthesis – KDJ – Volume 32 No:4 October 2009 by Vinod Nair S, Joseph Edward, Rehabilitation or Completely Edentulous Maxillary Arch with Implant Supported Fixed Prosthesis. Kerala Dental Journal. October 2009;32(4):218-219.
- Central Ossifying Fibroma of Mandible – a case report( OMPJ Volume 1 No:1 Jan-June 2010 – 0976-1225) by BS Sreenivasan, Joseph Edward, S Sunil, Central Ossifying Fibroma of Mandible – A Case Report. Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology Journal(OMPJ).Jan-June2010;1(1):976-1225.
- Cemento-ossifying fibroma of mandible – a case report ( Dentistry international Vol 6 Issue 4 Oct- Dec 2010 pg 143- 145)
- Unicystic ameloblastoma of mandible (KDJ Vol 35/No.2, April 2012) by Rathy Ravindran, Joseph Edward, Jacob John, Deepa MG, Unicystic Ameloblastoma of Mandible. Kerala Dental Jounal. April 2012;35(2):240-242.
- Intramuscular lipoma of buccal mucosa (KDJ-Vol.36.No.3. July 2013) by Rathy Ravindran, Joseph Edward, Ajish M Saji, Intramuscular Lipoma Of Buccal Mucosa. Kerala Dental Journal. July 2013;36(3):209-211.
- Extraction of Maxillary Third Molar – A novel technique. (Indian Dentist Research and Review May-2013.
- Myiasis – a case report (KDJ – Volume 32 No:3 July 2009) by Anjana Ravindran, Joseph Edward, Myiasis – A Case report. Kerala Dental Jounal. July 2009;32(3):150-151
- Effect of implant size and shape on implant Success-Dentistry International
- Vanishing bone disease of mandible : A case Report (Journal of Evolution Of Medical And Dental Sciences. June 2014;3(23):6369-6377.) by Joseph Edward, Jacob John, Mubarak Aziz, Veena Viswarajan, Sanjith P Salim.
- Fibrous Union following lefort I osteotomy : An alternative approach in management (IJOCR Jan-Mar 2014. Vol.2 Issue.3) by Joseph Edward, Fibrous Union Following Lefort I Osteotomy – An Alternative approach in Management. International Journal of Oral Care and Research. Jan-Mar 2014;2(3).
- Tissue Expanders in Reconstruction of Maxillofacial Defects – Case Report (J Maxillofac.Oral Surg.DOI.10.1007-s12663-014-0629-5) by Jacob John, Joseph Edward, Joju George, Tissue Expanders in Reconstruction of Maxillofacial Defects – A Case Report. Journal Of Maxillofacial And Oral Surgery. May 2014;14(1):374-382.
- Evaluation of Oral Health in type II Diabetes mellitus patients – Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Journal. January-June 2015;6(1):525-531 by Rathy Ravindran, MG Deepa, AK Sruthi, Cherian Kuruvila, S Priya, S Sunil, Joseph Edward, G Roopesh
- Comparing the efficiency of two different techniques in removal of Maxillary third molars:A Randomized controlled trial – Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery. July 2016; DOI .10.1007/s12663-016-0935-1 by Joseph Edward, Mubarak A Aziz, Arjun Madhu Usha, Jyothi K Narayanan